Saturday

good luck charms accepted

february 12, 2011

the day after my last posting, while out living life and snowboarding, i fell backwards.  there was nothing special about this fall.  it wasn't harder or faster than others i had had.  but can you guess how this story ends?  a broken wrist.  the break itself was a bit special because the bone moved, so the last week has been a bit trying. 

the first day i spent in a funk.  on the outside maybe not so, but inside i was mad.  just when life was moving along nicely, another obstacle in my way.  and the fact that i so bravely and stupidly declined any pain meds wasn't working for me. 

now almost a week after the break, i am adjusting to one armed life.  but let me just vent about some of the biggest problems:

cntrl-alt-del....really?  why so far apart?  unlocking my laptop has been interesting
opening any jars, peeling any produce and really any cutting.  can you say instant meals?
the amount of time to do anything at least triples.  we've been running late all week!

what that has made me do is SLOW down.  even this post is taking forever.  and accept that things will get done when they get done.  maybe some lessons i needed to learn as a part of my re-creation plan?

a week later i am determined to move ahead with one arm!  nothing is going to stop me.  not even this pretty blue cast.

ciao!
tasha

4 comments:

  1. haha! awesome, ppl in office jobs should have hand/arm insurance. Laptop with fingerprint reader for login works great to shortcut that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I broke my wrist in 2 places and in a full arm cast which let me tell you really sucks! As for opening my laptop, thats the least of my issues! Try putting a bra on one handed! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasha, im so grateful I follow your blog. I too am one handed but due to neurological issues. I want to thank you for the slight positive spin on the situation. It was much needed and nice to know others relate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we are sorry to hear about your broken wrist, Tasha. The fall doesn't seem to have made a dent in your creatity, determination and sense of humour, though. Before you know it, that wrist bone will be as right and strong as you are. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete