Saturday

finally some motivation

february 5, 2011

i started off the year all motivated to do this big list of things and really haven't felt like doing any of it.  i don't know what happened.  was i really not ready to move on?  that was definitely what was going through my mind.  but how do i really figure that out?

shortly after my last posting, a close family friend passed away.  a result of a tragic accident that happened in early december.  the last week i've been trying to help the family (my bff Jill's family) get through this and travelled to attend the celebration.  i was worried about this triggering talyn and then didn't know if it would have the same affect on me.

the celebration of life for rob was nothing short of inspiring.  which is a weird thing to say isn't it?  hard to describe, but the energy in the room was incredible.  there were about 1500 people, all wearing their favorite sports jerseys, there was loud music, hilarious stories, tears and tons of laughter.  although it's a terrible thing that happened, it just amazes me how it brings people together.

helping his now widow walk through the days has many similarities to my life almost a year ago.  but instead of it making me sad, it makes me feel purpose again.  talyn too wanted to talk to his youngest son and give him some advice on what to do to get happy again.  it's hard to ever think anything happens for a reason, but taking the good out of something bad is all we can really do.

coming home i finally feel a push to start to get things done again.  tonight i cleaned out my pantry.  small steps people!  that pantry hadn't been cleaned out for over a year.  and now i'm starting to think about what else i can start to purge from my past to give more room for my future.  it doesn't mean i'll ever forget those things or memories, just time to create new ones as well and make some room in my life for them.

cheers to new beginnings and much love to my second family as they get through the next while.

talk soon,
tasha

1 comment:

  1. Ciao Tasha,
    I just discovered your new blog this morning. There was a lot of "catching up" to do but doing so really made my day. I'll be following Life Recreated now, appreciating your insights and feeling refreshed. My latest project is learning to read, write and speak Italian. Cin, cin! Louise

    ReplyDelete