Wednesday

some ideas

january 5, 2010

re-creation seemed like a great idea, until i literally started having anxiety over my whole life being upside down.  but maybe that's part of this whole thing?  you need to re-think through everything to really be able to be happy with where you are.

i put together a list of things i've always wondered about or wanted to do differently, here's what i've come up with:

  • work smarter - which really means....how do i get all i need to get done in a day and still have any time left over for things i want to do?
  • be "stronger" - this will involve exercise, but not in the "i have to do cardio 5 times a week..." kind of way, more about just feeling stronger again physically
  • minimize - i have accumulated so much "stuff" over the past 10 years in calgary that i can't even find what i need some days
  • experience new things - anyone remember something called a "bucket list"?  i like to call it a "life list" and it's time for me to re-create that for sure
  • "me" learning - i used to continually learn more about myself, but think i've been caught in a rut as of late, time to change that
  • spirituality - this means more about learning about other practices for my own interest and likely ending right back where i am with a bit of new flava'

so now comes the hard part...where to start?  in cutting myself some slack, i've decided not to be so structured about all of that.  i will focus on whichever direction life takes me.

ciao for now!
tasha

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tasha, I've mentioned this in the past, but I would highly recommend you check out the swell retreats. http://www.swellwomen.com/surf-retreats/the-swell-experience
    I think you would absolutely love it! It's run by some friends of mine and they put together and amazing retreat. Hope you have an amazing 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i must have been in a blur when you first recommended that...but seriously how great does that sound? trying surfing has been on my life list forever. only issue is how a single parent gets a week off....ha ha. tasha

    ReplyDelete